[Exim] Warn ACL with sender verify problem

Página Inicial
Autor: John Horne
Para: Exim usersEximUsersList
Assunto: [Exim] Warn ACL with sender verify problem
Hello,

I previously had a RCPT ACL which stated:

  deny    log_message = Prohibited: Sender address is unrouteable
          message = Prohibited: Sender address is unrouteable
          !verify = sender

This worked fine. However, rather than have the verify occur for each
recipient I moved it to the MAIL ACL and changed it to a warn type.
(Okay I know the verify is cached, but we had so many things in the RCPT
ACL it was getting a bit confusing, so I started to move some of the
'sender/host' checks into the MAIL ACL, set a variable and then reject
them in the RCPT ACL.)

The MAIL ACL was:

  warn    condition = ${if eq {$acl_m5} {} {true} {false} }
          condition = ${if == {$acl_m3} {0} {true} {false} }
          verify = sender
          set acl_m7 = 1

and the RCPT became:

  deny    log_message = Prohibited: Sender address is unrouteable
          message = Prohibited: Sender address is unrouteable
          condition = ${if == {$acl_m7} {0} {true} {false} }

This looked okay, but what I was seeing in the reject log were *lots* of
RCPT rejects saying (for example):

2004-04-21 15:01:05 H=host-67-35-34-62.asm.bellsouth.net
(stargate.co.nz) [67.35.34.62] F=<cmayessg@???> rejected
RCPT <hjordan@???>: Prohibited: Sender address is
unrouteable

If I tried to verify the sender by hand then I got:

exim -bv cmayessg@???
cmayessg@??? verified

So the ACL was rejecting recipients but exim could verify them.

Any ideas as to what is happening here? I tried setting a variable
(acl_m8) to the $acl_verify_message in the warn acl, and then print that
out in the RCPT acl (when the deny occurs - 'message = Prohibited:
$acl_m8'), but it printed out nothing except 'Prohibited: '. It looksed
like the variable wasn't set.

Is there an issue with using 'verify = sender' in a MAIL warn ACL?

This problem occurs both with exim 4.31 and 4.32. I have for the moment
put the verify statement back into the RCPT ACL.

Thanks,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839