Re: [Exim] primary_hostname in smtp_in.c and helo_data

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Andreas Steinmetz
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] primary_hostname in smtp_in.c and helo_data
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Andreas Steinmetz wrote:

> Philip Hazel wrote:
> > I do not understand. helo_data is an option on the smtp transport, used
> > for *outgoing* messages. It specifies what gets send in the outgoing EHLO
> > command.
> >

> Works well for incoming messages, too. Example:
>
> helo_data = ${lookup{$interface_address}lsearch*{/etc/exim/ifmap}}

I can assure you categorically that the helo_data option, which is an
option for the smtp transport, has absolutely no effect whatsoever on
the SMTP responses for incoming messages.

Obviously, there is some confusion here!

What you are doing above is to set the data in the HELO/EHLO command of
an outgoing message based on the interface on which the message was
received.