Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address
> > They might - for example - alert their customer that they have a virus.
>
> 1) This is far less likely than you think.
> 2) It doesn't matter, it is the WRONG role account to send that to.

I can only second that. If someone were to flood me with automated
mails to the SOA contact, I would block SMTP from him. Actually, I have
a well known organisation on my block list who does that. Asked, why
they insist on using wrong contacts, I got the answer that it was easy
to automate, no matter where the IP space is registered. My answer was:
Fine, then it's easy to block SMTP from you. Our hostmasters have
nothing to do with the abuse department. They changed IPs once afterwards,
I modified my block list and that's it.

Michael