RE: [Exim] Exim as front door to Exchange

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: 'chris@chrisbaker.net', exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim as front door to Exchange
chris@??? wrote:
>> manualroute_relay_to_domains:
>> driver = manualroute
>> domains = ! +local_domains : +relay_to_domains
>> transport = remote_smtp
>> same_domain_copy_routing = yes
>> route_list = * INTERNAL_MAIL_HOST
>> no_more
>
> We only have one Exchange server, so I agree that using LDAP
> seems to be a case of making it harder than it needs to be.
>
> My first five lines are the same as yours. What does the
> "same_domain_copy_routing = yes" line accomplish?

Its simply a performance saver. From the spec...
If you are running mailing lists with large numbers of subscribers at the
same domain, and you are using a manualroute router which is independent of
the local part, you can set same_domain_copy_routing to bypass repeated DNS
lookups for identical domains in one message.

Since this router does nothing with the local_part, we can enable this
option to save a few DNS lookups.

> What does the "no_more" line do?

From the spec (generic router option "more")...
If this option is set false, and the router is run, but declines to handle
the address, no further routers are tried, routing fails, and the address is
bounced.

The no_ preface simply forces the option to false.

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>
Network Administrator