RE: [Exim] Exim as front door to Exchange

Author: chris
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim as front door to Exchange
> manualroute_relay_to_domains:
> driver = manualroute
> domains = ! +local_domains : +relay_to_domains
> transport = remote_smtp
> same_domain_copy_routing = yes
> route_list = * INTERNAL_MAIL_HOST
> no_more

We only have one Exchange server, so I agree that using LDAP
seems to be a case of making it harder than it needs to be.

My first five lines are the same as yours. What does the
"same_domain_copy_routing = yes" line accomplish?

My route list looks like this:

route_list = olddomain.com  192.168.x.x \
                   newdomain.com 192.168.x.x

I have hidden our domain name and the last two octets of the IP
addresses.

What does the "no_more" line do?

Chris

> You'll probably want to do recipient verification on the Exim server itself,
> so your Exchange box isn't generating NDRs after the message has already
> been accepted. If you have Exchange 2003, you need to enable recipient
> filtering and setup your recipient verification ACL to do callouts. If you
> have Exchange 2000, you can do LDAP lookups against your AD domain in the
> manualroute router itself. Since the router is called to verify the
> recipient, if the router fails the LDAP test, the ACL will fail.

I have Exchange 2003. How do I do this?

Chris