[Exim] Re: net-lsearch not available in expansion lookups?

Author: Tore Anderson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: net-lsearch not available in expansion lookups?
* Philip Hazel

> You could, of course, write a script that turns your 10-15 entries into
> the 25000 entries, and then turn that into a cdb file. That would give
> you the best performance.

Yes, I assume that's what I'll do in the end.

> I suppose what is needed is something like "wildlsearch", which I
> eventually implemented (after resisting it for some time, because it is
> not the same as the other single-key lookups). The new thing would do
> exactly what you want.

Exactly. Please add this to the wish list. :-)

> Better not call it "netlsearch" because that would confuse; perhaps
> cidrlsearch?

Well, cidr* would possibly confuse as well as it would imply that it
only understands CIDR notation - but ideally it would understand dotted
quad notation and singular IP addresses (implied /32) as well.

"hosts"-something, maybe? Seems to fit right in there with the "hosts"
ACL statement which does the exact same thing.

--
Tore Anderson