[Exim] Maildir + NFS performance?

Author: CJ Kucera
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Maildir + NFS performance?
Hello, list.

I'm curious if anyone's had any experience running a maildir system
over NFS on a fairly large, fairly busy server. By "large" I
mean a good 40 or 50 gigs or so, and by "busy" I mean well over
a half a million messages per day. Basically, I just want to know
if NFS is feasable for something like that, or if someone's tried
that and watched their systems melt into goo.

(As a bit of hardware background, assume that the systems are
capable of handling that much mail - the box is currently handling
that much mail on a local RAID array.)

Thanks!

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy        |  "The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow     |    way that bricks don't." - Douglas Adams,