Re: [Exim] newbie question..

Author: Brian
To: Odhiambo Washington
CC: Brian, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] newbie question..
Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> * Brian <bcook-exim@???> [20040415 21:25]: wrote:
>
>>I'm just wondering what does this line mean in the default config file..
>>
>>domainlist local_domains = @
>>
>>I think it means 'nothing' but is that right?
>

> Hi Brian,
>
> This shows that you did not even take time to read all the comments in
> the file named configure.default. It is actually the same as the one
> you use for main configuration. In there, I saw the following comments
> by "The Author" of Exim:

You are correct. In the Exim 4 book that I have that is not in there,
and again I did not read the configure file as by assumption that the
500+ pages of the book would have more information than the default
config file.

Guess not.
> I am sure he will silently acknowledge the favour you are doing him by
> reading the comments in that file before doing anything else.

Thought buying the $65 book w/ $15 S&H might be a more verbal
acknowlegement too.. It just doesn't say what that default means.

:)

> FYI, there is also an electronic Exim Bible called spec.txt ;-)

This does list that what it means.

Thanks.

- Brian