RE: [Exim] Newbie questions..

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Newbie questions..
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> I had just been thinking about how to get decent figures on how much
> stuff I am rejecting (actually thats most of it considering the amount
> of stuff I throw on failed sender callback).
>
> Now I guess I just need to compose a whole bacth of patterns - and
> probably arrange for them to be loaded from a file.
>
> What are other people doing for summarising reject/non-delivery data?

I use eximstats with the -pattern option to count spam rejected messages,
virus rejected messages, bad file extension rejected messages, bad MIME
rejected messages, sender verification defers, and sender verification
failures. The first four are exiscan related, the last two are not actual
rejects, I just use them with a custom SA rule worth 3 points.

The downside to using the -pattern options is that it only provides a count,
nothing more. I'd love an option in eximstats that outputs sender
verification failures with the failed address and the SMTP server's
response. Also, custom patterns will not transfer over when combining
eximstats reports (which I for weekly and monthly reports).

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>
Network Administrator