[Exim] Frozen messages

Author: Steve Karlsen
To: exim-users
CC: steve_karlsen
Subject: [Exim] Frozen messages
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction on this one,
I've trawled the FAQ's and list threads, the config looks okay to me, but it
doesn't seem to work as it should.

Basically I'm running 4.30 with the follwing :

timeout_frozen_after = 3d

auto_thaw = 30m

ignore_bounce_errors_after = 0

also:

running exim -bd q15m

retry is set as :

# Address or Domain    Error       Retries
# -----------------    -----       -------

*                      *           F,24h,15m; G,48h,1h,1.5; F,3d,8h

I'm not seeing any bounce messages in the queue, so that works as is
intended, however, Ive got a frozen message in the queue, which seems to be
being retried every 15mins. It would seem that it is being auto thawed, but
that is set to 30m? Also it doesn't get discarded on timeout_frozen_after =
3d

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?
Following are from msglog :

2004-04-14 19:24:55 someuser@??? <someuser@???>
R=smart_host T=remote_smt
p defer (-1): smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0x0100: exit
code 1
*** Frozen

This occurs every 15mins, similarly in the log :

2004-04-14 16:39:54 1BDlK2-0006Qf-PO == someuser@???
<someuser@???> R=smart_host T=remote_smtp defer (-1): smtp
transport process returned non-zero status 0x0100: exit code 1

The reason for the deferment, is that the relay in the route list in the
smart_host, is not up, thus not contactable. I f the relay is up, everything
works just fine of course.

I would expect that after three days, the message would get binned?
Is the -bd q15m not respecting the retry schedule, as far as the manual is
concerned, it should?

cheers

Steve

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger