Re: [Exim] Reject certain HELO arguments

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Reject certain HELO arguments
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:53:32PM +0200,
Franz Georg Khler <lists@???> is thought to have said:

> >> Yes, that's possible in the ACLs, but ...

> >>                ^^^^
> >> ... not with exim-3. Exim-4 has ACLs.

> So what is the exim4-solution?

untested but something like:

deny condition = ${if or{{match{$sender_helo_name}{\N^localhost$\N}} \
                         {match{$sender_helo_name}{$primary_hostname}}} \
                         {yes}{no}}
     log_message = SPAM: $sender_host_address sent sent bad HELO.
     message = This message looks like spam.

Will probably do what you describe above.

> Is there a tool which would migrate a exim3 config file into exim4
> syntax?

Included with the exim4 source convert4r4 which will generate an exim4
config. However because of the scope of the changes between exim 3 and exim
4 you should test it throughly before putting it into production. Or better
yet, use it as a base to rewrite your config from scratch (you'll probably
end up with something simpiler and easier to read if you rewrite it).

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality