Re: [Exim] determining verify=recipient with LDAP

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] determining verify=recipient with LDAP
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 02:50:11PM -0700, Steve Thomas said:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 05:20:43PM -0400, Stephen Gran is rumored to
> have said:
> >
> > The idea is, users will check their mail on the pop/imap server, but
> > no mail should ever be received directly there, only from the
> > front-end machines.
>
> Very similar to what we're doing at my office.
>
> Here's my router (with domain and LDAP info sanitized). It's possible
> that it could be cleaner - I'm no LDAP or exim guru, but this seems to
> work perfectly.

[...]
> Hopefully you find the above to be of some use.

Looks like an excellent starting point. I like the status flag - maybe
I'll adapt that to the mail attribute in our schema - we were looking
for a way for a user to easily have say, ftp access, but no email, and
that looks like it.

Thanks again,
|  Stephen Gran                  | C makes it easy for you to shoot        |
|  steve@???             | yourself in the foot.  C++ makes that   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | harder, but when you do, it blows away  |
|                       | your whole leg.   -- Bjarne Stroustrup  |