Re: [Exim] Exim fails to get write lock on db files

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John W. Baxter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim fails to get write lock on db files
On 4/13/2004 16:34, "Jon Armitage" <jon.armitage@???> wrote:

> I have just built Exim 4.31 on my company's mail server with a view to
> upgrading from 3.x. The system is running on RedHat 7.0.
>
> Exim compiled and installed without complaints, but when I send a test
> message, I get (among the normal messages, not shown):
>
> Failed to get write lock for /var/spool/exim/db/retry.lockfile: Invalid
> argument
> Failed to get write lock for /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile:
> Invalid argument

It appears that you are letting the new, test, Exim run in the same spool
directory as your live old Exim. I think I would prefer not to do that (we
do our early testing on a different machine, which eliminates that issue).

--John