[Exim] Exim fails to get write lock on db files

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jon Armitage
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Exim fails to get write lock on db files
I have just built Exim 4.31 on my company's mail server with a view to
upgrading from 3.x. The system is running on RedHat 7.0.

Exim compiled and installed without complaints, but when I send a test
message, I get (among the normal messages, not shown):

Failed to get write lock for /var/spool/exim/db/retry.lockfile: Invalid
argument
Failed to get write lock for /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile:
Invalid argument

I also tried running the daemon briefly. The mails seem to be being sent and
delivered without problem, but obviously I dare not leave Exim 4 live for
too long in case something is really not right.

I have searched on Google and in the exim-users mailing list, but no-one
else seems to have had this problem. I am also fairly sure it's not caused
by file permissions (the wait-remote_smtp db file has been created and both
lock files exist).

Does anyone have any idea where I should look for a solution?

Jon

---