Re: [Exim] multiple quota warnings

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John W. Baxter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] multiple quota warnings
On 4/13/2004 5:46, "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???> wrote:

>> How to people get their users to ever 'read' and understand any
>> announcements to those users?
>
> <hollow laugh>
>
> After several decades of trying, we have not succeeded. We now know that
> we make such announcements mostly to cover ourselves when the users
> complain. Cynical? Who, me? :-)

And you, Philip, are trying to announce to intelligent young college
students with a thirst for knowledge, and older intelligent experienced
faculty and staff people who have learned that at least some announcements
matter.

Not like...oh, nevermind. ;-)

I remember (watching from nearby Pasadena) a particularly mean and vicious
campaign for mayor of Los Angeles, back in the late 1940s. A week or so
before election day, the Los Angeles Times did a poll which showed, among
other things, that name recognition of the more-recognized--and incumbent--
candidate was running 13% (I think it was) among potential voters.

At least, mail admins are not alone in being ignored.

--John the Ignored