Re: [Exim] Upgrading Exim on Debian distribution of Linux...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Rory Campbell-Lange
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jonathan Telep
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Upgrading Exim on Debian distribution of Linux...
On 13/04/04, Ralf G. R. Bergs (Ralf@???) wrote:
> Jonathan Telep wrote:
> >Does anyone have any ideas what the magic word is to use to get Exim
> >V4 from the Debian mirrors?
>
> Exim V4 is a separate package from Exim V3, I think it's called "exim4".

Unfortunately one can't just use a single word that will bring the
packages down :).

To check your dependencies and so on use dselect and do a search (/) for
exim4. On a testing distribution you will find the following:

    exim4-doc-html     - Documentation for Exim v4 in html format
    exim4-doc-info     - Documentation for Exim v4 in info format
    eximdoc4-html      - Dummy package for upgrade purposes only
    eximdoc4-info      - Dummy package for upgrade purposes only
    exim4              - An MTA (Mail Transport Agent)
    exim4-base         - EXperimental Internal Mailer -- a Mail Transport Agent
    exim4-config       - Debian configuration for exim4
    exim4-daemon-heavy - Exim (v4) with extended features, including exiscan-acl
    exim4-daemon-light - Lightweight version of the Exim (v4) MTA
    gforge-mta-exim4   - Collaborative development tool - mail tools (using Exim 4)

Note that daemon-heavy and daemon-light are mutually exclusive.

It is worth noting that the configuration is split amongst a large
number of files. This gives you the opportunity to add your own files in
each section while benefitting from Debian upgrades (which of course the
Debian package management system will diff for you if you wish before
updating each file). In other words you can add in files such as
10_exim4-custom_example below which will not be touched by upgrades.
This is initially perplexing, but rapidly becomes a very powerful
arrangment.

exim4 -bV will show you where you can file an autogenerated 'whole' file
after exim4 has parsed it.

Rory

/etc/exim4
|-- conf.d
   |-- acl
   |   |-- 00_exim4-config_header
   |   |-- 20_exim4-config_whitelist_local_deny
   |   |-- 30_exim4-config_check_rcpt
   |   |-- 40_exim4-config_check_data
   |   `-- 40_exim4-config_check_data.dpkg-dist
   |-- auth
   |   |-- 00_exim4-config_header
   |   |-- 10_exim4-custom_example     ***
   |   `-- 30_exim4-config_examples
   |-- main
   |   |-- 01_exim4-config_listmacrosdefs
   |   |-- 01_exim4-config_listmacrosdefs.dpkg-old
   |   |-- 02_exim4-config_options

Rory Campbell-Lange
<rory@???>
<www.campbell-lange.net>