Re: [Exim] String expansion in filters

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] String expansion in filters
On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 09:30, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 10:08 -0700, Doug Jolley wrote:
> > Also, I would appreciate your thoughts on TMDA (Tagged Message Delivery Agent -
> > http://www.tmda.net).
>
> Nah; this is a family list.
>
> I don't think I've actually come up against TMDA, but if I did I
> wouldn't bother to deal with it -- especially if I'd been trying to help
> you when I sent you the email which triggered it.

You need to be very careful with the TMDA like schemes - there appears
to be a substantial group of people (including myself), who treat a C/R
challenge just the same as a bounce message - ie that address
effectively does not exist.

Having said that I have considered using something TMDA like on mail
that is identified as spam by SA or similar, but is not spammy enough to
hit the ACL block rules, and I would consider it for use on mailing
lists to vet addresses posting to the list who are not list members.

    Nigel.