Re: [Exim] String expansion in filters

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Doug Jolley
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dwmw2
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] String expansion in filters
>If you want to do this kind of thing, then do it with a 'fakereject' at
>ACL time. The SMTP error will cause a spammer to silently drop the mail
>and move on to the next victim, while a _legitimate_ mail will trigger a
>bounce to be generated by the MTA which was trying to deliver it to you.

Thanks to you and the other responders for your thoughtful input/help.

Your point is well taken. I CERTAINLY don't want to contribute to the
problem. However, I don't see how your suggested alternative
accomplishes my objective of communicating a procedure back to the
_legitimate_ sender for delivery completion. Also, I would appreciate
your thoughts on TMDA (Tagged Message Delivery Agent -
http://www.tmda.net). I have been using their anti-spam software off
and on for some time. It would seem like they would have the same
problem. Have I been ignorantly contributing to the problem by using
their software? I recently became disinchanted with TMDA because of
the resources it consumes by quarantining messages awaiting
confirmation, etc. That's when I got the bright idea that I could
accomplish what I want to accomplish though the simple expediency
of an Exim filter. I really like the idea of using an Exim filter; however,
a key requirement is that I must be able to communicate back to the
_legitimate_ sender an alternative procedure for completing message
delivery.

Thanks again to you and the others for the input.

       ... doug