Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Calum Mackay
To: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: exim-dev
Betreff: Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla
Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> If the OS field is going to be separate (which it should be), IMHO this
> should be renamed "architecture" and be processor-specific, and lose all
> reference to company names as they are too ambiguous.

Yup; when a bug is logged, we would like to know on which version of
what OS exim is running and, for the odd occasion when it might be
useful, on which architecture. The name on the front of the box is
probably not going to matter :)

e.g:

    Solaris 9 on x86    # or,
    SunOS 5.9 on x86    # but not both

    Linux 2.6.5 on SPARC    # do we care about which distro? I don't
                # think so, since it's a vague
                # definition

etc.

cheers,