Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
To: exim-dev
Betreff: Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla
Calum Mackay wrote:

> eximdev@??? wrote:
>
>> The default set of platforms are: "All", "DEC", "HP", "Macintosh", "PC",
>> "SGI", "Sun" and "Other". I think I will rename PC to x86. Are there any
>> that should be ignored and more importantly any that need adding?

This list is really not very clear at all, given that:

HP ships Alpha, PA-RISC, IA-64 and x86 boxes (if not others).
DEC (used to) ship Alpha and x86.
SGI ships (and used to ship) MIPS, x86 and IA-64.
As already mentioned, Sun ships SPARC, x86 and x86-64 (the AMD variant).

If the OS field is going to be separate (which it should be), IMHO this
should be renamed "architecture" and be processor-specific, and lose all
reference to company names as they are too ambiguous.