[Exim] Controlling relaying...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jonathan Telep
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Controlling relaying...
Well, I'm completely lost now. I'm running Exim 3.36 (only because Debian
refuses to support any newer versions of it right now through their own
packaging system and I don't want to have to maintain software installed on
a server that wasn't originally a Debian package). I'm trying to allow my
server to allow relaying to anywhere that local users using external hosts
(i.e. Evolution, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.) want to send it but I
can't seem to get it to work correctly unless I set the line:

relay_domains:

to a wildcard ("*"). Is that an acceptable and still secure (because the
users still have to authenticate against the server before it will relay for
them anyway) way of doing things or am I opening up my server to it being a
relay for anyone who wants to use it (somehow)?

Thanks,

Jon