Re: [Exim] Default retry rules to aggressive?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Andreas Metzler
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Default retry rules to aggressive?
On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> > > I am just wondering, exim uses
> > > F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h
>
> > > i.e. retry every fifteen minutes during the first two hours.
>
> > > Isn't this rather aggressive (the rfc suggest at leat 30 minutes) or
> > > is this the rule that came up after years of experience as a good
> > > default?

It was the interval we had been using with Smail at the time I started
writing Exim. The rationale is that you try a few times quickly, in case
the problem is something short (e.g. a machine is rebooting).

> Afaict they are not independent, the retry rules allow to set _minimal_
> waiting times. When a message is retried dpends on the combination of
> retry rules and queue run frequency.

Correct.