Re: [Exim] Default retry rules to aggressive?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Stephen Gran
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: Andreas Metzler
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Default retry rules to aggressive?
On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 10:03:48AM +0200, Andreas Metzler said:
> Hello,
> I am just wondering, exim uses
> F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h
>
> i.e. retry every fifteen minutes during the first two hours.
>
> Isn't this rather aggressive (the rfc suggest at leat 30 minutes) or
> is this the rule that came up after years of experience as a good
> default?

Maybe I misunderstood, but aren't retry independeny of when a queue run
actually takes place? The default retry time just says, AFAIUI, that if
a queue run starts up more than fifteen minutes after the first failure,
we can retry this message, not that it will be retried automatically
fifteen minutes later.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Small is beautiful.                     |
|  steve@???             |                                         |