Re: Not accepting email from apache user (Was: Re: [Exim] ro…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jez Hancock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jeff Lasman
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: Not accepting email from apache user (Was: Re: [Exim] root as return-path...)
On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 04:37:15AM -0700, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> On Friday 09 April 2004 03:32 am, Bruce Richardson wrote:
>
> > Are you sure the php program is setting the return path? It's more
> > likely to be Exim. The php program will not be able to set the
> > return path unless it is running as a user that Exim trusts (root is
> > not, by default, one of those).
>
> First... I made an error in the description; the return path is actually
> <apache@???>. I'm sorry if I've led anyone astray.

Search for 'trusted_user sendmail_path exim php' on this list...
see here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=exim-users&w=2&r=1&s=trusted_user+sendmail_path+exim+php&q=b

The general gist is to add:

php_admin_value sendmail_path "/path/to/exim -t -i -f postmaster@???"
(all on one line)

to the apache VirtualHost stub for the domain you want exim to 'trust'
to set the 'from' envelope header, then add 'trusted_user www' to exim
configuration - where 'www' is the user apache runs as.

HTH.

--
Jez Hancock
- System Administrator / PHP Developer