Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP errors...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Peter Bowyer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim SMTP errors...
Jonathan Telep <jtelep@???> wrote:
> but the mail server (Exim) refuses to allow any external client to
> connect to it and use it as a relay (even once the user has
> authenticated). It will deliver mail upon authentication.

I assume you mean that an authenicated client can deliver mail to your local
users, but not to external addresses?

> Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? (nobody say upgrade
> Exim because, for whatever reason, Debian won't release Exim V4 into
> its available packages (even when using the "testing" setting).

Do you have something like

host_auth_accept_relay = *

For Exim 3, this tells Exim to allow relay from clients that have
authenticated.

Peter

PS I'd be drummed out of the official Exim supporters club if I didn't also
say 'you should upgrade to Exim 4'. You should, really.