[Exim] Exim SMTP errors...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jonathan Telep
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Exim SMTP errors...
Help, I can't get this to work and I must have sent this to a dozen
different forums but, to no avail... I've set up a Debian Linux server
running 2.4.18-bf2, facing the public Internet running a DNS, web and mail
server.

DNS - Bind 8.4.4.1
Apache - 1.3.26-0
Exim 3.36-9.1

It's authoritative for a domain called "telepkids.com" which is being hosted
by Register.com. As far as I can tell from syslog, the DNS server is fine
and I've done lookups on the domain from other systems, everything looks
fine from the DNS perspective. Apache comes up the minute I plug the URL in
any browser and the page loads fine but the mail server (Exim) refuses to
allow any external client to connect to it and use it as a relay (even once
the user has authenticated). It will deliver mail upon authentication.

According to /var/log/exim/rejectlog the is the error I see every time I try
to use it:

2004-04-08 16:33:02 refused relay (host) to <jtelep@???> from
<jtelep@???> H=d47-69-211-93.try.wideopenwest.com (jonathan)
[69.47.93.211]

I've gone over the Exim config file about a dozen times and have included
the domain the server is hosting as a valid relay but I still can't get it
to work correctly. It will send mail from itself (as in logged in on the
server and running mail from the command line) just fine though.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? (nobody say upgrade Exim
because, for whatever reason, Debian won't release Exim V4 into its
available packages (even when using the "testing" setting).

Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp