Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla

Autor: Yann Golanski
A: eximdev
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla
Quoth eximdev@??? on Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 15:32:43 +0100
> Once the new machine is up and running I will be installing Bugzilla. It
> occurs to me that there are quite a few choices to be made in how it is
> used, and so I thought it would be a good idea to canvas some opinions
> now.

Thanks.

> The first and simplest questions are to define the lists of priorites,
> severities and operating systems available. These are fairly static and
> can't be modified through the web interface.
>
> The default priorites are P1 to P5. I prefer more descriptive terms such
> as 'critical', 'high', 'medium' and 'low'. The severity describes the
> impact of the bug and the defaults are 'blocker', 'critical', 'major',
> 'normal', 'minor', 'trivial' and 'enhancement'.

I agree here. I like descriptions better than abstract notations -- I
use enough of those for work!

> The default OS's, minus Windows and MacOS variants are: "All", "MacOS
> X", "Linux", "BSDI", "FreeBSD", "NetBSD", "OpenBSD", "AIX", "BeOS",
> "HP-UX", "IRIX", "Neutrino", "OpenVMS", "OS/2", "OSF/1", "Solaris",
> "SunOS", and "other". There are some that I think should be removed
> (Neutrino?!) and I imagine some that are missing. Maybe Linux needs
> splitting up a bit?

I don't think that splitting Linux is a good idea. After all most
distribution are compatible.

Maybe if Exim suddenly were to ship as .deb, .rpm or whatnot then that
would be useful.

> I don't quite know how things are going to work out, and so I suggest
> that these optional features are disabled initially and enabled later
> once things have settled down.

If we can do that yes, but you said that a lot had to be enable by
default.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318