Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [Exim-dev] Bugzilla
> The default priorites are P1 to P5. I prefer more descriptive terms such
> as 'critical', 'high', 'medium' and 'low'. The severity describes the
> impact of the bug and the defaults are 'blocker', 'critical', 'major',
> 'normal', 'minor', 'trivial' and 'enhancement'.

Prefer the names. Should there be a "documentation" level here - ie bug
in doc regarding feature rather than feature itself, or is that
confusing 2 entirely different things?

> The default set of platforms are: "All", "DEC", "HP", "Macintosh", "PC",
> "SGI", "Sun" and "Other". I think I will rename PC to x86. Are there any
> that should be ignored and more importantly any that need adding?

DEC??? I remember them....

I guess this is actually closer to architecture, so maybe something like
the gnu architecture tags used by autoconf etc would be more
appropriate.

Don't agree on splitting Linux - its hard to decide when to stop.
Distrowatch has decided on 10 main distributions which only leaves a few
thousand in the other catagory... Exim build process does not
particularly distinguish between Linux versions.

There may need to be a packaging catagory for those packaging exim.

    Nigel.