Re: [Exim] Relay

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Rahul
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Relay
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 14:40, Rahul wrote:
> HI,
>
> Basically I wanted to use one server as pop/smtp and i tried many options
> but i was unable to send(outgoing) mail through that server.
>
> Again my question is that i want only those domains to send mail through
> mx.rahul.com who have the MX records as mx.rahul.com no one else..

Use SMTP authentication and appropriate ACLs to allow authenticated
users to relay out. You may, if you wish, have an additional ACL to
restrict those authenticated users to only use your own domains as
sender addresses.

Purely restricting on sender domains, however, will leave you as an open
relay, and worse when that relay is picked up by spammers they will be
using your domains as sender domains so you will both be blocked in RBLs
and have to deal with all the bounces.

    Nigel.