Re: [Exim] SMTP error from remote mailer after STARTTLS

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Odhiambo G. Washington
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] SMTP error from remote mailer after STARTTLS
* BHafter <bhafter@???> [20040408 14:39]: wrote:
> Hi
>
> having searched through archive I found the same problem
> I have:
>
> Problem:
> when sending mails to some addresses, I get this error:
> SMTP error from remote mailer after STARTTLS: host
> mvs.mediaways.net
> [62.53.235.28]: 454 TLS not available: missing RSA
> private key (#4.3.0):
> retry timeout exceeded?
>
> Answer:
> It means the remote end has been told to advertise
> STARTTLS, but is in fact not configured with the proper
> TLS certificates and keys. I've also seen Exchange
> servers which has been misconfigured like that. It
> shouldn't be a problem though, as exim should just ignore
> the error, and deliver without using TLS.
>
> BUT: in our config, exim does not ignore the error.
> instead it sends a non-delivery. We use exim 3.2. I know
> we should have updated long time ago. This is planned,
> but before, we need to solve the above problem.
>
> any idea? thanks

You'll probably have to read the spec.txt from Exim-3.2 and look
for the *_tls options.
In Exim 4.x, I believe it's called hosts_avoid_tls and that should
be an option for the smtp transport.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post