Re: [Exim] Email on internal LAN

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Israel Carr
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Email on internal LAN
On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 03:51:01PM -0400,
Israel Carr <icarr@???> is thought to have said:

> I have a machine on LAN that receives internet mail for domain y.com. I
> have a second machine on same LAN that can receive mail at x.y.com. I want
> to be able to send mail to y.com from x.y.com but exim is trying to connect
> to the public ip address of y.com which it gets from internet DNS server.
> This fails due to firewall/nat configuration. How can I send mail to the
> machine using the LAN address of y.com? There is no DNS server on the LAN.

You want to use a manualroute router to send mail to the LAN ip of y.com.
TFM and the list archives have plenty of examples on how to do this.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality