Re: [Exim] Recipient callout problem

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Recipient callout problem
On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 02:21:25PM +0000, Kelley Reynolds wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure why, probably something to do with cache expiration, but using exim 4.31, recipient callouts no longer appear to work.

I brought this up on the list yesterday. It seems that the recipient
callout logic was changed to use the original sender address and not <>.
Unfortunately, the cacheing logic wasn't updated to match, so it treats
any rejection of the sender address as a rejection of <> and blacklists
the domain as broken.

The best temporary workaround is to disable the cache on your recipient
callouts. For example:

  deny    domains = +relay_domains
         !verify = recipient/defer_ok/callout=no_cache

A fix is promised for 4.32. If you want to fix it now, a patch was
submitted to the list yesterday.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.