[Exim] Re: Bigevil

Author: Gerhard Hofmann
To: exim-users
CC: spamassassin-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Bigevil
In article <1081246708.415.58.camel@???>,
R.J.Mckeating@??? says...
> Without causing a huge debate on the list, does anybody have any idea
> how effective the bigevil list is on stopping spam. In % terms maybe,
> anybody done any measuring ?
>
> Ron

I think there are some custom cf files that are useful. I have been
running SA for some months now with default config. Results were very
disappointig, only 7 of 10 spams have been identified.

Now I have added
99_sare_adult.cf
99_SARE_Random.cf
antidrug.cf
bigevil.cf
bogus-virus-warnings.cf
drugs_diet.cf
evilnumbers.cf
midevil.cf
sa-blacklist.current.uri.cf

I collected many spam mails into one IMAP folder and trained SA's bayes
mechanism with sa-learn command.

Now SA gets about 99 per cent of the messages.

Don't know how much BigEvil has contributed to this improvement, but you
should give it a try. Just my two cents...

Regards
Gerhard