Re: [Exim] "defer" being written to mainlog/rejectlog!

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] "defer" being written to mainlog/rejectlog!
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> My confusion is arising from the fact that this logging is not happening
> in a 4.30 system as it's happening on a 4.31 system.
> I am sorry I mentioned in my earlier posting that both boxes are running
> 4.30 (tm). That was incorrect. One box running 4.30 doesn't write the
> "message" to the logs. It's the 4.31 that is writing to both
> {main|reject}.log files.

I can't find anything in the ChangeLog that seems to relate to any
difference here; nor can I remember making any change in that area.

> The spec.txt assumes 4.30, correct?

True; but changes should be in ChangeLog/NewStuff.

But the behaviour you describe does seem to be in accordance with the
specification. I'll do some checking when I get the time.