Re: AW: bauer@dmsb.de - Worter gefunden list error im Textk…

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Bauer, Felix
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: AW: bauer@dmsb.de - Worter gefunden list error im Textkorper. - Re: [Exim] exim exchange2000 ldap
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 05:24:03PM +0200,
Bauer, Felix <bauer@???> is thought to have said:

> check, did that (:: is right, I guess. exim didn't complain so I think
> its ok). With AD you are talking about a domain-controller right? My
> exchange and PDC is the same host, so I'm pretty sure, that I got the
> right host-address.

Yes that's right.

> > exchangeProxyAddressesLookup:
> >   driver = redirect
> >   data = ${lookup ldap
> > {ldap:///CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com?mail?sub?(proxy
>            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>           Where can I get those informations for my domain.
>         I think I remember seeing those descriptions somewhere
>           but that whole M$-thing has IMHO no structure and I can't
>           find it... I tried with these "I don't think they compare
>           to my environment" - settings and have a "better" looking
>           debug-output from exim (less errormessages, and it hangs
>           after RCPT TO and posts it query to the ldap-server, I guess)

Well it depends on how your users are configured in Active Directory and
what the path to Users is in your AD organizational tree. It's often
configured something like that where the tree for the domain example.com
looks like:

DC=com
  -> DC=example
         -> CN=Users
         -> CN=System

You can use openldap's ldapsearch or MS's Active Directory Users and
Computers util to take a look at your AD structure.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality