Re: [Exim] Conatenation of Strings

Author: Craig Kelley
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Conatenation of Strings
On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 13:07 +0100, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:59:31PM -0700, Craig Kelley wrote:
> > Very nice, thank you -- that seems much cleaner. Is there a general way
> > construct new strings from various exim variables and static strings? I
> > know that some simple cases work fine when exim can see that a variable
> > name ends, and something else follows, that it can interpret what you mean
> > (eg, $local_part@???). But I'm not sure how you'd construct
> > other strings.
>
> You can write $local_part as ${local_part}, which tells Exim exactly
> where the variable ends.

That's what I thought, but when I wanted to do this string expansion:

data = ${lookup{$localpart}wildsearch{/etc/aliases-to}}

I wanted the local part to have a '.*' on either end before it was put
into the wildsearch (address:$header_to: is a better solution, as I
found out). How would I concatenate and prepend '.*' onto that string?

Thanks for your patience; I know this is a silly question. :-)

-Craig

--
Craig Kelley <ckelley@???>
In-Store Broadcasting Network