Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP se…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Edgar Lovecraft
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP server
David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 21:23 -0500, Kevin M. Barrett wrote:
> > Are there any technical, standards based arguments why one should
> > not use exchange?    Does it misapply or  just plain break the
> > standards?  I need to know that my "personal feelings" are not what is
> > making the judgment.

> It violates a 'SHOULD' in RFC2822 §3.6.4 by neglecting to include

This is a function of the MUA Exchange is an MTA and therefore does not
break that 'Should' as Exchnage is not generating the reply but the MUA is.
Please keep the conversation relevant the what Exchange does and not what
any MUA (Pine, MS Outlook, etc) does.

check your exim box, if those headers are not generated by the MUA will it
'create' those headers????

> This can cause certain outgoing mail from Exchange users to be classed
> as spam by the recipient; not necessarily something which will be
> considered helpful behaviour by a business user trying to communicate
> with a potential customer.

Again, find the offending MUA as this is not an Exchange problem, Exchange
is an MTA.

--

--EAL--