Re: [Exim] sendmail -pUUCP

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] sendmail -pUUCP
On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 04:40:48AM -0800, Randy Bush wrote:
> freebsd -current
> exim 4.30
>
> for some received uucp mail, it blows chunks
>
> # rmail -T jmoss@??? < D.italiaN0B70
> from_user: joe@???
> Sendmail arguments:
>         /usr/sbin/sendmail
>         -G
>         -oee
>         -odi
>         -oi
>         -pUUCP
>         -fjoe@???
>         jmoss@???
> exim abandoned: unknown, malformed, or incomplete option -pUUCP

Exim doesn't take all the same command line options that sendmail does
(the sendmail binary should, on a properly configured Exim set-up, just
be a link to the exim binary). You can't tell exim to do uucp delivery
by passing it a -pUUCP option, as the error message is telling you.

Exim doesn't do uucp out of the box. If you want to send mail via uucp,
you would have to configure a transport to do uucp and a router that
correctly identified hosts that required uucp. See
See this link for some advice on this
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_20.html#IX1629

If, otoh, you want to feed uucp mail directly into Exim, then I thin you
would need to filter it first and then use batch smtp to submit it.
This is beyond my area of expertise, though.

--
Bruce

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.