Re: [Exim] [Newbie] local delivery not working

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [Newbie] local delivery not working
At 9:26 am +0100 2004/04/01, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 22:52, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>> Shouldn't the list software delete all attachments, including the
>> whole body of the email quoted below, given the presence of the
>> following header:
>
>Actually the MLM deals with mutipart types, and mails where the single
>part is other than text/plain, but I've not come across a single part
>mail with a content-disposition before.
>
>    Nigel.

neither did I... I wrote a quasi-stroppy mail to the original sender
on the lines of "never send an email body as an attachments"... He
said that he signed the message, by mistake, but to me that had no
extra content, so no signature, and the body as an attachment. Oddly
enough, pine displays the part without user intervention, against RFC
recommendations, while eudora forces you to open it in an external
editor. This is a relatively serious problem, as the body ends up as
an attachment and thus in the attachments folder, rather than in the
local mailbox. An archiving nightmare... (what a paranoid!) This is
why it would be a good thing if those parts were deleted, just to
avoid the risk that this practise take hold.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/