Re: [Exim] callout verification / tls

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] callout verification / tls
On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 11:24:13AM +0200, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> [exim 4.3 on debian]
>
> I've just set up (better: tried to set up) callout sender/recipient
> verification. It goes just fine, *but*: some of my domains
> are forwarded using the manualroute driver and the route_data option.
>
> 1)
> These domains always fail.

Why do they fail? I have a gateway box doing callout recpient
verification, relaying for a varied set of internal systems, most of
them manually routed. They all work. What is failing for you?

> I have to exclude them from verification,
> right?

That depends on the answer to the above question.

> 2)
> One if the hosts I deliver mail to requires TLS. On callout
> verification my exim can't verify the recipient on that host: TLS
> required. But -- if verification is switched off, mail gets delivered
> (so I think, it's not a matter of TLS itself).

Ah, that's interesting. I'd have to test that but it sounds as if Exim
might have a bug/feature in that it only ever uses plain smtp to do
recipient verification.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin