[Exim] exim3 filter problem

Author: Christian Luszick
To: exim-users
CC: cal
Subject: [Exim] exim3 filter problem
hi,

I need some help with exim 3.35 (debian-woody) and filtering mail. My
configuration follows, because it's a little bit different from standard:

emails are stored in a Database (db-mail), therefore no system users
exist and therefore no user exim-filter-files .forward can be used.

But that's not my problem. My current task is to check for a defined
emailaddress, pipe/store it in a database (mysql) and run a php-website
triggering further processing. I tried to write a bash-shellscript
combined with an exim-pipe-transporter, which reads STDIN, calls mysql
and curl from commandline and let exim perform the normal email-storing.
I also tried a system filter and a transport_filter.

I am not an exim configuration professional ... it did not work. So my
questions:

* how to configure exim3 using an (userindependent) external script
(bash, perl), which reads the complete email and processes it - and
still let exim deliver the mail at the end?

* how would such a script look like? (how to read the mail, does need
exim a feedback of the mail?)

* more ideas?

cu :: christian luszick