Re: [Exim] Split services exim / spamassasin / amavis

Author: Odhiambo G. Washington
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Split services exim / spamassasin / amavis
* Volker Lieder <v.lieder@???> [20040324 13:43]: wrote:
> --
> Hallo List,
> we have a mail server with the services listed above.
> Because of a high load on the machine we want to install a 2nd machine which
> handles the services amavis and spamassasin.
> The MX-Record for our domain shows the actual running machine.
> This machine should get the mails, send it for virus and spamchecking to the 2nd machine.
> The 2nd machine should after checking send the mails back to the first machine
> which contains the mailboxes.
> Has anybody such an installation running or information for a setup?

It maybe a lot easier to change the order of your MXes and let all mail
come in thro' the box that does the scanning, then use manualroute
routers to deliver the mail to the box where local deliveries are done.
An even more appealing method would be to "hide" local deliveries box
from the world because spammers will try to use it instead of the scanning
box.
Decide - 2 boxes, one the main incoming/outgoing SMTP server and the
other one just handles local deliveries..

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post