Re: [Exim] GUI Function?

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Scott Veirs
CC: 'Dickenson, Steven', 'Exim (E-mail)'
Subject: Re: [Exim] GUI Function?
Quoth Scott Veirs on Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 09:51:17 -0500
> Honestly, not to sound like a newb...
>
> Everything. I just want to learn to manage the system without having to read
> a manual evertime. A lot of GUI's have been easier to understand and get
> through faster but being abe to see a function instead of trying to learn
> the command and all of the syntax's.

Am I the only one finding this worrying?...

If you don't read the manual, don't expect to know the product. Being a
mail admin is not an easy job. It takes time and understanding. You
can't just point and click it -- well, you can for simple systems but I
don't consider that being an admin...

If you want something to make it easier to read Exim configuration
files, try vim. It has colours that can help you visualise the whole
thing. Remember "exim -C test.conf -bh/bt" is your freind as well as
"tail -f /var/log/exim/mainlog".

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318