Re: [Exim] Why no plugin architecture for exim?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Neal D. Becker
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Why no plugin architecture for exim?
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Neal D. Becker wrote:

> AFAICT, exim has a localscan function, but this is useful only for statically
> compiled-in functionality. It appears that exim lacks a dynamically loaded
> plugin capability? Is this correct? Any good reason?

The reasons are (a) history and (b) I am ignorant of the details of
dynamic loading and (c) I worry about security issues, possibly
unnecessarily because of (b). And (d) I've never had time to study this
further.

As has been said, for local_scan() you can do it yourself if you wish.