Re: [Exim] Unqualified hostnames in To and From fields

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Fred Viles
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Unqualified hostnames in To and From fields
On 22 Mar 2004 at 16:05, Steve Karlsen wrote about
    "[Exim] Unqualified hostnames in To ":

| However, due to the nature of the traffic, I require to accept unqualified
| hosts in the To and from headers (not the envelope To/From fields) and relay
| them as is (unqualified) to the next host.

By "unqualified hosts", do you really mean unqualified *hosts* in
addresses (e.g. <user@host> as opposed to <user@???>), or
do you mean unqualified *addresses* (just <user>).

| I have set sender_unqualified_hosts and recipient_unqualified_hosts,
| appropriately, but I gather, that this just allows them to be accepted,

Sounds like you mean unqualified addresses, in which case:

| it
| seems that both headers get locally qualified, as they should do, but is it
| possible to turn this off?

No, spec.txt seems pretty clear on that.
From section 1.8 (Limitations):

 .   Exim insists that every address it handles has a domain attached. For
     incoming local messages, domainless addresses are automatically qualified
     with a configured domain value. Configuration options specify from which
     remote systems unqualified addresses are acceptable. These are then
     qualified on arrival.

- Fred