Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Edgar Lovecraft
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

--
Here is another of my nieve 'fixes' for these things...
qoute: That 'far more' is verifying the authenticity of the relay machine.
How about this for 'verifying the authenticity of the relay machine':
Have the Large/Major ISP's/Companies/Education systems/etc. start forcing
ALL email they accept to have 'rDNS == IP A == HELO name', again, this
does not 'fix' the problem, but it would force proper connection
information from the connecting hosts, this is already STRONGLY SUGGESTED
in the current RFC's and does not require major confiquration changes or
'global compliance' to make it work, it does however force any small/medium
sized business or entity who are the largest group in the non-compliance
area of proper SMTP setup for 'valid?' email any way, to fix thier setups.
This does far more than SPF can do when 'verifying the authenticity' of a
remote system, and it does not break email forwarding.
This is not perfect either, but would go 'far further' than SPF, be less
complicated, and help to 'fix' the broken valid MTA's that are out there.

--EAL--