Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Avleen Vig
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: David Woodhouse
Υ/ο: Avleen Vig, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:40:05PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> You were asked not just to give an example of something which SPF stops,
> but something which SPF stops but the alternatives do _not_ stop. This
> was to support your claim that SPF offers 'FAR more' than the
> alternatives which serve to verify the sender, remember?

No I said it offered far more that JUST verifying that the user who send
the mail was a legitimate member of said domain. That 'far more' is
verifying the authenticity of the relay machine.

There might be other solutions out there, I don't know of any which are
becoming as popular as SPF.

--
Avleen Vig
Systems Administrator