Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: David Woodhouse
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Bruce Richardson
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 12:33 +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> As the first page on the SPF site makes quite clear, there is nothing to
> stop you using SPF records to verify headers as well as the envelope
> sender.

There's nothing to stop you doing anything you like. You can choose to
reject any mail where the mod-256 sum of the ASCII characters in the
headers isn't equal to 0x5a. But that suggestion isn't any more sane
than the idea of using SPF on headers.

SPF on reverse-path is a fundamentally flawed concept. To do it on
headers would just be insane.

> So you are quite incorrect on this point. There are some
> drawbacks to SPF but this is not one of them.

I think you need to think harder about this before you speak further
about it. Think about SPF on the From: header of mail you receive from
this list, for example.

--
dwmw2