Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Bruce Richardson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
--
On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 09:55:10AM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> This is irrelevant. It's MAIL FROM:<> that SPF looks at. You don't need
> to change _anything_ in the mail itself (including its headers) to mail
> SPF tests pass.
>
> All you need to do is change the MAIL FROM:<>, and you need to do it in
> such a way that bounces will get back to the original address given
> there when the mail was delivered to _you_.

As the first page on the SPF site makes quite clear, there is nothing to
stop you using SPF records to verify headers as well as the envelope
sender. So you are quite incorrect on this point. There are some
drawbacks to SPF but this is not one of them.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse. Where? There, on the stair. And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill. -- Harry Hill