Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Re: Fixing SPF Forward Problem by Reply-to: Hack?
On 2004-03-21 Sven Geggus <sven-im-usenet@???> wrote:
> Andre Grueneberg <andre@???> wrote:

> > Why are you adopting a technology that you correctly found to be
> > braindead?

> As always, there is no black and white, but 100 shades of gray!

> SPF may have its drawbacks, but the SPAM Problem without SPF is certainly
> worse than the forwarding problem we get when adopting SPF.

[...]

SPF has (almost) nothing to do with spam protection. It is is small
verified sender solution (i.e. you know that mail with sender
gfoo@??? was sent from somebody@???). The
short-term[1] spam decrease is just a nice side-effect. It also stops
the /currently/ popular Windows worm/virus combinations.
                  cu andreas

[1] See spf-homepage.
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"